PRIVACY & POLICY
1. Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our ‘Website’) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our email marketing, search for a product, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit or debit card information including billing information, records of correspondence and any other personal information you provide.
Information we collect automatically about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, location, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device type, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from third parties. We receive information about you from the third parties we work with, including business partners, sub-contractors on technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, customer support, analytics providers, search information providers.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you have submitted to us. We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and
to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about our goods and services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (during the checkout process);
to notify you about changes to our service; and
to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and
to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including subcontractors on technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, customer support analytics providers, search information providers;
- manufacturers, and suppliers who may be located outside the EEA, to fulfil your order(s);
- Shopify Inc (‘Shopify’) who host our Website. Your personal information will be stored by Shopify in their data storage, databases, and the Shopify application. Shopify store all personal information on a secure server behind a firewall and is encrypted and secured;
- Checkout.com (‘Checkout’) who operate our payment services. Your personal information will be stored by Checkout behind and firewall and is encrypted and secured;
- FAFS our customer service sub-contractor. We share our customer orders and information when a customer calls the service;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In connection with any issue or sale of shares in HDE Trading Limited.
- If some or all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about customers may be one of the assets transferred, and whereby products can continue to be sold to you.
5. Where we store your personal data
Information you input into our Website such as your name, address and contract details are stored in our Shopify account platform.
Information you input into our Website during the purchase and payment process is stored via Checkout.com. All credit or debit card information is stored by Checkout.com and cannot readily be accessed by HDE Trading Limited.
If you purchase a product via the direct payment gateway Shopify will store your credit or debit card data. Your credit or debit card data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Council (PCI-DSS). Your credit or debit card data will be deleted as soon as the product has been purchased and your order has been completed. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data including your credit or debit card information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes during the checkout process.
After you have provided us with your personal information and we have accepted your consent you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, and for the collection, use or disclosure of your information by contacting us through our contact page.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.